- Calhoon, F. D., 49er Irish: one Irish family in the California mines(Hicksville, NY).
- Dillon, Myles, ‘The Irish Settlement in Wales’, Celtica, 12, 1-11.
- Dolan, Jay P., ‘The Irish diaspora’, Reviews in American History, 5:2, 174-179.
- Lees, Lynn Hollen, ‘The Irish countryman urbanised: a comparative perspective on the famine migration’, Journal of Urban History, 3, 391-408.
- Leonard, Stephen J., ‘The Irish, English and Germans in Denver, 1860-90’, Colorado Magazine, 54, 126-153.
- Lowe, W. J., ‘Social agencies among the Irish in Lancashire in the mid 19thcentury’, Saothar: Journal of the Irish Labour History Society, 3, 15-20.
- MacDermott, T. P., ‘Irish workers on Tyneside in the 19thcentury’ in Norman McCord (ed), Essays in Tyneside labour history(Newcastle), 154-177.
- Maloney, M.,Fág an bealach: the Irish contribution to Western Pennsylvania(Pittsburg, PA).
- Redmond, Patrick M., Irish life in rural Quebec: a history of Frampton(Chicago).
- Shannon, William V., ‘The Irish in America: starvation, struggle and success’ in Brian de Breffny (ed), The Irish world: the history and cultural achievements of the Irish people(London), 236-254.
- Smyth, William J., ‘The Irish in mid-nineteenth century Ontario’, Ulster Folklife, 23, 97-105.
- Cochran, Alice Lida, The saga of an Irish immigrant family: the descendants of John Mullanphy(New York).
- Cromie, Howard, Ulster settlers in America(Lisburn).
- Griffin, W. D., ‘The Irish on the continent in the eighteenth century’, Studies in Eighteenth-Century Culture, 5, 453-473.
- Henderson, Tom, Tammany Hall and the new immigrants: the progressive years(New York).
- McCaffrey, Lawrence J., The Irish diaspora in America(Bloomington, IN).
- McDonald, Grace, History of the Irish in Wisconsin in the 19thcentury(New York).
- Niehaus, E. F., The Irish in New Orleans, 1800-1860(New York).
- O’Gallagher, Marianna, ‘Care of the orphan and the aged by the Irish community of Québec city, 1847 and years following’, Study Sessions: Canadian Catholic Historical Association, 43, 39-56.
- Silke, J. J., ‘The Irish abroad, 1534-1691’ in T. W. Moody, F. X. Martin & F. J. Byrne (eds), A new history of Ireland, 1534-1691(Oxford), 587-633.
- Vinyard, Jo Ellen, The Irish on the urban frontier: 19thcentury Detroit, 1850-80(New York).
- Wakin, Edward, Enter the Irish-American (New York).
- Wyly, Dorothy A. A., Irish origins: a family settlement in Australia(Launcston, TAS).
- Cullen, L.M., ‘Ireland and Irishmen in eighteenth-century privateering’, Course et piraterie: etudes presents la commission international d’histoire maritime(Paris).
- Dolan, Jay P., The immigrant church: New York’s Irish and German Catholics, 1815-1865(Baltimore, MD).
- Doyle, David, ‘The Irish and American labour, 1820-1920’, Saothar: Journal of the Irish Labour History Society, 1, 42-53.
- Ingham, S. M., Enterprising Migrants: an Irish Family in Australia(Melbourne).
- Lowe, W. J., ‘The Irish in Lancashire, 1846-71: a social history’, Irish Economic and Social History, 2, 63-65.
- Messenger, John C., ‘The most distinctively Irish settlement in the New World’, Ethnicity, 2, 281-303.
- O’Connell, Bernard, ‘Irish nationalism in Liverpool’, Éire-Ireland, 10:1, 24-37.
- Stone, Frank Andrews, The Irish in their homeland, in America, in Connecticut(Storrs, CT).
- Brimingham, S., Real lace: America’s Irish rich(London).
- Clark, Dennis, The Irish in Philadelphia: Ten Generations of Urban Experience(Philadelphia, PA).
- Davis, Richard P., Irish issues in New Zealand politics, 1868-1922(Dunedin).
- Alexander, David, ‘The Dublin Group: Irish mezzotint engravers in London, 1750-75’, Quarterly Bulletin of the Irish Georgian Society, 16:3, 73-93.
- Dickason, G. B., Irish Settlers to the Cape: History of the Clanwilliam 1820 Settlers from Cork Harbour(Cape Town).
- O’Grady, J. P., How the Irish became Americans(New York).
- Rodechko, James P., ‘Irish-American society in the Pennsylvania anthracite region, 1870-1880’ in John E. Bodnar (ed), The ethnic experience in Pennsylvania(Lewisburg, PA), 19-38.
- Thomas, Charles, ‘Irish colonists in south-west Britain’, World Archaeology, 5, 5-13.
- Wely, J. M., ‘The Irish in Manchester, 1832-49’, Irish Historical Studies, 18:71, 345-358.
- Dolan, Jay P., ‘Immigrants in the city: New York’s Irish and German Catholics’, Church History, 41, 354-368.
- Gilley, Sheridan, ‘English Catholic charity and the Irish poor in London (1700-1870)’, Recusant History, 11, 179-195.
- Gilley, Sheridan, ‘Papists, Protestants and the Irish in London, 1835-70’, Studies in Church History, 8, 259-266.
- Greeley, Andrew M., That most distressful nation: the taming of the American Irish(Chicago, IL).
- Griffin, William D., The Irish in America, 1550-1972(Dobbs Ferry, NY).
- O’Connor, Kevin, The Irish in Britain(London).
- Shea, D. S., ‘The Irish immigrant adjustment to Toronto: 1840-1860’, Study Sessions: Canadian Catholic Historical Association, 39, 53-60.
- Lobban, R. D., ‘The Irish community in Greenock in the 19thcentury’, Irish Geography, 6, 270-281.
- Mitchell, N., ‘Katikati: an Ulster settlement in New Zealand’ in Desmond McCourt & Alan Gailey (ed), Studies in folklife presented to Emyr Estyn Evans(Belfast), 203-215.
- Wittke, Carl, The Irish in America(New York).
- Cuddy, Edward, ‘Irish-Americans and the 1916 election: an episode in immigrant adjustment’, American Quarterly, 21, 228-243.
- Davin, N. F., The Irishman in Canada(Shannon).
- Gilley, Sheridan, ‘The Roman Catholic mission to the Irish in London’, Recusant History, 10:3, 123-145.
- Henchy, Patrick, Irish emigration to North America for the past three centuries(Salt Lake City, UT).
- Lees, Lynn Hollen, ‘Patterns of lower class life: Irish slum communities in 19thcentury London’ in S. Thernstrom & R. Sennett (ed), Nineteenth century cities(New Haven, Conn.), 359-385.
- Maguire, J. F., The Irish in America(New York, repr. 1868).
- Mitchell, Arthur, ‘A view of the Irish in America: 1887’, Éire-Ireland, 4:1, 7-12.
- Myers, A. C., Immigration of the Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania, 1682-1750(Baltimore, MD).
- O’Donovan, J., Irish immigration in the United States: immigrant interviews(New York).
- Svejda, George J., Irish immigrant participation in the construction of the Erie Canal(Washington).
- Boyle, K., ‘The Irish immigrant in Britain’, Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly, 19:4, 418-445.
- Giblin, Cathaldus, ‘Irish exiles in Catholic Europe’ in Patrick J. Corish (ed), A history of Irish Catholicism, 5 vols. (Dublin), vol. 4.
- Kilkenny, John F., Shamrocks and shepherds: the Irish of Morrow county(Oregon).
- Richardson, C., ‘Irish settlement in mid-19thcentury Bradford’, Yorkshire Bulletin of Economic & Social Research, 20, 40-57.
- Robins, J. A., ‘Irish orphan emigration to Australia, 1848-50’, Studies: an Irish quarterly review, 57, 372-387.
- Hickey, John, Urban Catholics: urban Catholicism in England and Wales from 1829 to the present day(London).
- London, Herbert, ‘The Irish and American nativism in New York city, 1843-7’, Dublin Review, 510, 378-394.
- O’Farrell, John, ‘Irish families in ancient Quebec records’, Éire-Ireland, 2:4, 19-35.
- Dickson, R. J., Ulster emigration to colonial America, 1718-1775(New York).
- Jackson, J. A., ‘Irish immigrants and English labour’, Bulletin of the Society for the Study of Labour History, 12, 5-9.
- Johnson, James E., The Scots and Scots-Irish in America(Minneapolis, MN).
- Ready, William B., ‘The Irish and South America’, Éire-Ireland, 1:1, 50-63.
- Coughlan, Neil, ‘The Coming of the Irish to Victoria’, Historical Studies: Australia & New Zealand, 12:45, 68-86.
- Broehl, Wayne, The Molly Maguires(Cambridge, MA).
- Duffy, Christopher, The wild goose and the eagle: a life of Marshal von Browne, 1705-57(London).
- Mac Amhlaigh, Donal, An Irish navvy: the diary of an exile(London).
- McAvoy, Thomas T., ‘The Irish clergyman in the United States’, Records of the American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia, 75, 6-38.
- Shannon, William V., The American Irish(New York).
- Glazer, Nathan, Beyond the melting pot: the Negroes, Puerto Ricans, Jews, Italians, and Irish of New York City(Cambridge, MA).
- Higham, John, Strangers in the land: patterns of American nativism, 1860-1925(New York).
- Jackson, John Archer, The Irish in Britain(London).
- Jackson, J. A., ‘The Irish in Britain’, Sociological Review, 10, 5-16.
- Green, E. R. R., ‘Queensborough Township: Scotch-Irish Emigration and the Expansion of Georgia, 1763-1776’, William and Mary Quarterly, 17, 183-199.
- Potter, George W., To the golden door: the story of the Irish in Ireland and America(Boston, MA).
- Wittke, Carl, The Irish in America(Baton Rouge, LA).
- Cooper, John Irwin, ‘Irish immigration and the Canadian church before the middle of the 19thcentury’, Journal of the Canadian Church Historical Society, 2, 1-2.
- Kiernan, T. J., The Irish exiles in Australia(Dublin).
- McDonald, Justille, History of the Irish in Wisconsin in the nineteenth century(Washington, DC).
- Oberste, William H., Texas Irish impresarios and their colonies: Power and Hewtson, McMullen and McGloin. Refugio – San Patricio(Austin, TX).
- Best, Herbert, Watergate: A story of the Irish on the Erie Canal(Philadelphia, PA).
- Green, E. R. R., ‘The Scotch-Irish and the coming of the revolution in North Carolina’, Irish Historical Studies, 7:26, 77-86.
- Keep, G. R. C., ‘The Irish adjustment in Montreal’, Canadian Historical Review, 31, 39-46.
- Keep, G. R. C., ‘The Irish congregations in nineteenth-century Montreal’, Irish Ecclesiastical Record, 74, 500-508.
- Man, Albon P., Jr., ‘The Irish in New York in the early eighteenth sixties’, Irish Historical Studies, 7, 87-108.
- Green, J. J., ‘American Catholics and the Irish land league, 1879-1882’, Catholic Historical Review, 35:4, 19-42.
- Ussher, James Martin, ‘Irish immigrants in Argentina’, Irish Ecclesiastical Record, 70, 385-392.
- Cosgrave, A. P., ‘Australia: the influence of the Irish on the history of the church in Australia’, Irish Ecclesiastical Record, 69, 883-895.
- Handley, J. E., The Irish in modern Scotland(Cork).
- Purcell, Richard J., ‘The United States of America: the Irish immigrant, the famine and the Irish-American’, Irish Ecclesiastical Record, 69, 849-869.
- Driscoll, Charles B., Kansas Irish(London).
- O’Brien, George, ‘The Irish in the American melting-pot’, Studies: an Irish quarterly review, 35, 343-350.
- Handlin, Oscar, Boston’s immigrants, 1790-1865. A study in acculturation(Cambridge, MA).
- Purcell, Richard J., ‘Irish contribution to colonial New York’, Studies: an Irish quarterly review, 30, 107-120.
- Purcell, Richard, ‘Irish colonists in the British West Indies’, American Irish Historical Society Bulletin, 31, 47-54.
- Purcell, Richard, ‘The Irish Emigrant Society of New York’, Studies: an Irish quarterly review, 28, 583-599.
- Hayes, Richard Francis, ‘Irish foot-prints in Rouen’, Studies: an Irish quarterly review, 26, 418-428.
- O’Brien, Michael, Pioneer Irish in New England(New York).
- Crowley, George T., ‘The Irish in California’, Studies: an Irish quarterly review, 25, 451-462.
- Murray, Thomas Cornelius, The story of the Irish in Argentina(New York).